PrestaShop product reviews/Rating - Agile Product Reviews

In this forum you can post anything related to PrestaShop Modules/Addons from Agile Addons-Modules.Com.

If you need support for any module/addon from Agile Addons-Module.Com, please post it here. We will respond as soon as possible. Usually within one business day.

Please indicate the PrestaShop version, product name. product version, and if possible your order # to get a prompt response.

Moderator: jeffayao_1666

Postby shokinro » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:16 pm

What is it
Agile product Reviews module - it a PrestaShop module that allows your customer to leave reviews, comments and rate your products. It comes with a lot of more features compare with standard "Product Comments" module.
Increase the reliability of and attract more customer for you. It will also increase you site SEO ranking.

Compatible PrestaShop version
PrestaShop 1.2x/1.3x/1.4x

Features
* Display latest reviews on home page (benefit your site SEO)
* Configurable the number of reviews display at home page.
* Configurable of waiting time to wait for next post, by seconds.
* Configurable moderate review required or not
* Configurable to send alert email to store owner
* Configurable of allowing guest reviewer or required log in for posting reviews
* Configurable to use Captcha to prevent spam when allowing guest reviewer
* Partial star rating indicator.
* Configurable to show reviewers name or not
* There are 3 predefined Criteriions: Quality, Performance, Value
* Apply criterion to different level: Whole Catalog, Category, Product
criterion and product mapping in one step
* Criterion are applied to new added products if the criterions are set to whole catalog or category level

* Lanugae sensitive - display reviews in user's lanuage only by default,one click to include other languages.
* Pagination of reviews list in product detailed page
* Most validation is performed before post, so that user does not have to back and forth.
* Duplication post is checked to avoid misuse or mistakes
* Product average rating will be automatically displayed on following pages
- home featured product list
- category product list
- search result product list
- manufacturer product list
* One click batch validation of customer reviews

Update log:
2012.01.22 - Version 1.2.1
- Add a new feature to "Rate/Vote" for each review. Customer is able to vote the review by "like" and "dislike", or "helpful", "not helpful". Also have a poll result for each review.

2011.12.02 - Version 1.2.0
- Change the way that to display rating resut on list pages, not depending style class any more.

2011-07-11 Version 1.0.3
==========================
* Update to fix some text translation issue.

2011.10.08 - Version 1.1
==========================
* Enable place holder for rating summary in product list,
- so that you can use this place holder to adjust the location of the rating summmary
- It also fixes issue when you use 3rd party themes the does not has standard PrestaShop CSS and tags id

2011.12.02 - Version 1.2.0
- Change the way that to display rating resut on list pages, not depending style class any more.

2012.01.22 - Version 1.2.1
- Add a new feature to "Rate/Vote" for each review.

2012.01.28 - Version 1.2.2
- Add a new feature to send email to customer who made order x Days ago and aks customer wtite a review for the products they purchased.

2012.03.21 - Version 1.2.6
- Changed to use Hook instead of using ajax javascript for review summary on product list
- Voting on reviews now is counted immediately after casting.
- Review Voting is changed to be configurable so that store owner can decided to use this feature or not.
- Change to show all reviews instead of show the reviews in visitor's language.
- You can easily turn off/on of the setup guide at module configuration screen to save your screen space for usful information.

2012.04.08 - Version 1.3.0
- Changed to use Hook instead of using ajax javascript for review summary on product list
- Adjusted the module to work with latest version of PrestaShop 1.5 beta

Where to buy
You can buy the module at http://addons-modules.com/
Attachments
agile_product_reviews_00_icon.png
PrestaShop product reviews/Rating - Agile Product Reviews - Product icon image
agile_product_reviews_02_average_ranting-category.png
PrestaShop product reviews/Rating - Agile Product Reviews - Product reviews sumamry at category page
agile_product_reviews_03_average_ranting-home.png
PrestaShop product reviews/Rating - Agile Product Reviews - product review summary Home feaetured
agile_product_reviews_04_average_product.png
PrestaShop product reviews/Rating - Agile Product Reviews - Short review summary for product
agile_product_reviews_06_review_form.png
PrestaShop product reviews/Rating - Agile Product Reviews - 5 stars Review submit form screen
agile_product_reviews_05_review_list_pagination.png
PrestaShop product reviews/Rating - Agile Product Reviews - Product page - review list screen/pagination
agile_product_reviews_07_latest_review_home.png
PrestaShop product reviews/Rating - Agile Product Reviews - Latest reviews at Home screen
agile_product_reviews_08_configure.png
PrestaShop product reviews/Rating module - Agile Product Reviews - Configuration screen
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby jackiemon_573 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:08 pm

First simple suggestion:
If there are no reviews/ratings available, show link \"Be the first to write a review\" either instead of or next to \"No reviews available\"
jackiemon_573

Re: PrestaShop product reviews/Rating - Agile Product Review

Postby shokinro » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:12 pm

If there are no reviews/ratings available, show link \"Be the first to write a review\" either instead of or next to \"No reviews available\"

Yes I have changed all places to "Be the first to write a review" if there is no reviews available for that products.

you can change this message easily from PrestaShop back office by using the PrestaShop translation functionality.
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby jackiemon_573 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:15 pm

I spent some time looking at product review modules and I was drawn to this one for the features on offer.

I bought this product as I liked the fact it showed information in the Featured Products and Home area of shop which should help with SEO. I also wanted something which was visual %u2013 star rated. I did have a few install issues but the Seller, Kinro, is excellent, quick to reply, very helpful and sorted out my issues promptly and before I knew it fully working. This is what you need when committing to a module, great support!

The product itself, I love it, just what I wanted. It is easy to customise in the Back Office. The three set criteria you can either edit or delete. You can add more and the flexibility is you can assign the new criteria to rate as you like, so against the whole catalogue, selected categories or selected products. So if you sell a various range of products you can really fine tune what you want scored and have some control over the feedback by selecting carefully how you word the criteria! Clever! The other fabulous bit is the star rating. Kinro has coded it so is shows partial stars too. So if you have an average score of 4.7 for instance you will have 4 full highlighted and 1 partial highlighted star. This is better as if you only see 4 stars even though the wording says average score 4.7 you tend to go with visual and think the product is 4 star rated. So this is a bonus too.

Other settings you have control over are who you want to open it to for reviewing. For example you have guest which includes the Capcha or customers with a log in. You can have it to hide or show the reviewers name, send you an email when a review is submitted and set whether you validate the reviews before being published for public viewing or to show them automatically. This is all down to personal choice.

Overall I love what I have and highly recommend the product and the seller. Great product, great support. Many thanks.
jackiemon_573

Postby jackiemon_573 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:18 pm

I have just noticed that new products which have been added, when you click to review you only get the comment box, no star rating?

I have cleared cache etc and I still only see the comment text box nothing to rate with stars.

Have you come across this before? How can it be resolved please?
jackiemon_573

Postby shokinro » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:18 pm

You have to set the criterions for new added products. Because the module does not kow what to use. You can go to module configure screen to set it. For category catalog and category level criterions, you just select it and save it, it will be populate to all products. For product level, you have to set it separately.

I will add a new feature to catalog and category level to apply to new product automatically. And make it configurable by checkbox selection.
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby lombardo_saverio_614 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:33 pm

I\'m creating a prestashop e-commerce but the domain is not yet registered. I must to register the domain before buy the module ?
Can I use the module for more than one domain name ?
lombardo_saverio_614

Postby shokinro » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:24 pm

I\'m creating a prestashop e-commerce but the domain is not yet registered. I must to register the domain before buy the module ?

Hi lombardo_saverio
Thanks for your inquiry. Sorry for my late response.

You can input a domain name there. It doesn't matter if you have registered it or not.
It is for my statistics purpose. And for future link exchange purpose.

Can I use the module for more than one domain name ?

The module can be used in any domain.
But it will violate the license agreement if you use it for more than one domain.
If you want to use in more than one domain, you need to buy another copy.
But please let us know, we can give you very big discount from 2nd copy.
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby caeforcheca_683 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:26 pm

I have just bought and downloaded the module yesterday, It was working perfectly, but suddenly the rating function seems started not working. When I tried to click on stars to rate , it does not respond. I re-installed the module but seems no change.
caeforcheca_683

Postby shokinro » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:30 pm

hello caeforcheca_683
thanks for using our module. can you PM me your site information so that I can have a look at?
I guess it could something wrong with your setting or some cache issue.
shokinro
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support forum - Agile PrestaShop Modules/Addons