Module based on code deprecated

In this forum you can post anything related to PrestaShop Modules/Addons from Agile Addons-Modules.Com.

If you need support for any module/addon from Agile Addons-Module.Com, please post it here. We will respond as soon as possible. Usually within one business day.

Please indicate the PrestaShop version, product name. product version, and if possible your order # to get a prompt response.

Moderator: jeffayao_1666

Module based on code deprecated

Postby test-dev_2754 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french and I'm bad in English.

English :
I just install the module Agile Multiple Seller module. Until I met not too worried until I found one:

Warning: Function includeDatepicker() is deprecated in boutique/classes/AdminTab.php on line 1517
in boutique/classes/Tools.php on line 1777

Browsing the code of your module and I could see it was based on depreciated controller for prestashop 1.5. Can we expect a true version 1.5 and the current version of the module is temporary? Or are the final?

----------------------------------------------
French :

Je viens tout juste d'installer le module Agile Multiple Seller module. Jusqu'ici je ne rencontrais pas trop de soucis jusqu'à ce que je trouve un :

Warning: Function includeDatepicker() is deprecated in boutique/classes/AdminTab.php on line 1517
in boutique/classes/Tools.php on line 1777

En parcourant le code de votre module j'ai ainsi pu voir qu'il reposait sur des controller depreciés depuis 1.5 de prestashop. Peut-on s'attendre à une vrai version pour 1.5 et que la version actuelle du module est temporaire ? Ou es-ce définitif ?
test-dev_2754

Re: Module based on code deprecated

Postby shokinro » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks for using our modules.
Because our modules are developed start from Prestashop 1.4x, so some of the function are still using old version, that is also for support of existing customer. We have to keep some of them as it is for now. But we are migrate those tab to new standard of prestashop 1.5x. We have to do this step by step.

For any new features, we are using new architecture.
This is the same process for prestashop standard modules and even core.

It should not affect the functionality of the modules.

You can. Turn off PS_DEV_MODE to false to hide the warnings.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby test-dev_2754 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:18 am

Thx for your response.

English :

I have another question. Currently, I have modified some files in the override file to override the base classes. The trouble is that your module during installation will rewrite it. Your code is completely obfuscated it is really difficult to replace my edits. Is there any way to get something decent to be able to easily work in parallel with your code?

--------------------------------------------------

French :

J'ai une autre question. Actuellement, j'ai modifié certains fichiers dans le dossier override pour surcharger les classes de bases. Le soucis, c'est que votre module lors de l'installation va réécrire dessus. Votre code étant totalement obfusqué il est vraiment compliqué de remettre en place mes modifications. Y a-t-il moyen d'avoir quelque chose de correct pour pouvoir travailler facilement en parallèle de votre code ?
test-dev_2754

Postby shokinro » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:17 pm

@test-dev
Thanks for using Agile Multiple Seller/Vendor module.

I have another question. Currently, I have modified some files in the override file to override the base classes. The trouble is that your module during installation will rewrite it. Your code is completely obfuscated it is really difficult to replace my edits. Is there any way to get something decent to be able to easily work in parallel with your code?

For those override classes you also need to modified, you will need to merge our code into your code.
We will give the open code of those files, please contact [email protected] to request open code of those files with following information.

- your order #
- your store url
- the files you need open code
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby test-dev_2754 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:09 am

Thx for your response.
test-dev_2754

Postby shokinro » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:47 am