Feature request ?

In this forum you can post anything related to PrestaShop Modules/Addons from Agile Addons-Modules.Com.

If you need support for any module/addon from Agile Addons-Module.Com, please post it here. We will respond as soon as possible. Usually within one business day.

Please indicate the PrestaShop version, product name. product version, and if possible your order # to get a prompt response.

Moderator: jeffayao_1666

Feature request ?

Postby presta_2886 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm trying to understand if this is possible with Presta and your Multi-seller option:

Basically I want to recreate an Amazon feature whereby multiple sellers can sell the same item and it's own price, I can kind of see it with the addition of the Agile Price Comparison for Multiple Seller module, but what I don't understand is how each seller creates or uses the same item for sale.

The way I see it, is that products 'owned by the store' should be able to be duplicated by each seller so that a seller can add his own price and condition (mint, used etc.)

Then the Agile Price Comparison for Multiple Seller would take over and show the options. But I can't understand how it currently works as there is no demo ?!?
presta_2886

Re: Feature request ?

Postby Terry » Wed May 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi presta,

If I understand your question correctly, the Price Comparison module won't do what you're asking as is. The basic use for the module is for stores where multiple sellers are currently selling the same product, and based on UPC (or other) product codes this module can allow customers to compare prices and features.

It doesn't do anything with product duplication, it simply allows products from multiple sellers who are using the same product codes to be compared.

If that doesn't answer your question, please give us more information...
Like us on FaceBook ~ Follow us on Twitter ~ Tutorial videos on YouTube
Terry

Postby presta_2886 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 pm

That does partially answer my question, my other part is would it be possible for sellers to select an existing product to sell from an extensive database of products as my product range don't have a common UPC
presta_2886

Postby Terry » Wed May 22, 2013 8:46 pm

presta_2886 wrote:That does partially answer my question, my other part is would it be possible for sellers to select an existing product to sell from an extensive database of products as my product range don't have a common UPC

Hi presta,

What you're talking about would be similar to a 'repository' of products set up (initially registered) by the store admin, which sellers could then choose from a list of products to resell under their own name at their own price with their own potential features.

That's more of a reseller type system, and currently neither the Multiple Seller module nor the Comparison module has that feature. Agile is, though, currently developing a reseller type module that will be available in the near future. However, we can't tell you at this time what features may or may not be included in this module.

Hope that helps...
Terry

Postby presta_2886 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Sort of right

It is reselling, but the vendors are still selling THEIR items, just using a static product list to enable this.
For example Amazon sell a DVD at 10.00 new, I may have brand new copies at 8.00, rather than me at the item to the store, I would just select it for sale and add my own price and condition and when we view it in the frontend then all would be offered.

I can see the combination of Multiple Seller module and the Comparison module is almost there in terms of what I'm trying to achieve, the thing that is missing is allowing multiple 'owners' of the same product, I don't want to duplicate products as my product range has 500,000 unique products already
presta_2886

Postby Terry » Wed May 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Correct, the products would be owned and sold by the sellers, but the basic product info would be initially (originally) set up by the store owner. This would allow a single product listing in the database, but allow each seller to sell it under their name and apply their own pricing and features/attributes.

As you say, the Multiple Seller / Comparison module combination is almost there, but not quite. The new module being developed would move more toward that ability.

shokinro will be able to give you more information on any forecasted features/abilities for the new module, and a potential release time frame, but the current modules in question do not have this functionality. It would require either the new module when released, or a customization of the current modules.
Terry

Postby presta_2886 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi shokinro

Any news on the above feature mentioned by Terry ?
presta_2886

Postby shokinro » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:17 am

@presta
thanks for your inquiry.
we did some investigation of creating similar re-seller based module, but because of current database structure, it is not easy to make that re-seller model without copying, it will require quite effort to do that. So we have paused this plan until we got better idea to do so.

The only feasible implementation is provide kind of product repository as Terry mentioned, then seller's can search product by name or by code, if seller want to sell the product, then seller can choose to register a COPY of the product. But like you said if you already have 55000 products, we have performance concerns, it might be not a good idea. This might be fit for small amount of products.

Sorry for not able to provide a ideal solution and will give you an update if I find a better idea.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby presta_2886 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Would it not just be a case of adding another table to the db ?

That contains Vendor ID, Product ID, Sale Price, Quantity, Condition

This would allow the vendor to navigate the store in the same way as a customer, but with the added option on a product page to 'sell yours'
presta_2886

Postby shokinro » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:01 pm

@prestashop

Would it not just be a case of adding another table to the db ?
That contains Vendor ID, Product ID, Sale Price, Quantity, Condition
This would allow the vendor to navigate the store in the same way as a customer, but with the added option on a product page to 'sell yours'

You are correct, and actually we already have this table called product_owner, which has Seller ID, product ID, .., we only need to add a few fields.
But the problem is not at here. The issue is that PrestaShop uses product ID in all places to identify product, product listing, shopping cart, order and so on, in our scenario we need use the Vendor/product association ID, otherwise we are not able to identify whose product is sold.

Some of the places are possible to use override classes or override methods, but some of them are not possible. we have to modify core file directly.

We are still probing the possibility of the implementation.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Return to Support forum - Agile PrestaShop Modules/Addons