Aigile Paypal Parallel Payment module

In this forum you can post anything related to PrestaShop Modules/Addons from Agile Addons-Modules.Com.

If you need support for any module/addon from Agile Addons-Module.Com, please post it here. We will respond as soon as possible. Usually within one business day.

Please indicate the PrestaShop version, product name. product version, and if possible your order # to get a prompt response.

Moderator: jeffayao_1666

Postby shokinro » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:20 am

What is it?
=============
This is an accessory module for the Agile Multiple Seller/Vendor module. This module will allow your online marketplace to use either the "Seller Collects Payment" or the "Seller and Store Both Collect Payment" payment modes. Customers can pay multiple sellers/vendors in a single payment transaction.

Compatible with:
PrestaShop - 1.5x or higher;
Agile Multiple Seller - 2.1.5 or higher

Features of the module:
- This module is based on the latest version of the Paypal Express Checkout API. It supports parallel payments.
- You can specify the customer’s address information in PrestaShop to be sent to Paypal as the default for invoice or shipping address. Customer’s email address is also automatically sent to Paypal.
- This module will land the customer at the billing page, so that the customer can easily choose to pay by credit card directly without registering at Paypal.
- Customer can also easily choose to pay via their Paypal account for existing Paypal users.
- This module will log payment details in the PrestaShop database for reference purpose.
- This module does not require an approved Application ID from Paypal to use this module. It only requires the Paypal API credentials that you can generate instantly from your Paypal account.
- This module will have a maximum 10 recipients (compared to 6 with Adaptive module).
- This module will send detailed shopping cart contents (if you choose) in "Seller Collects Payment" mode.
- It supports both normal simple payment - one sender one receiver scenario; and a multiple recipient scenario. For example, the customer pays the store, or the customer pays the seller directly. The customer pays for the order, and the money goes to both the store owner (commissions, fees, etc.) and multiples sellers automatically. Sellers will also be handled via the Agile Seller Commission module.

What is the benefit of using this module?

By using this module, you (as the store owner) won't have to manually handle seller commissions.
The commission payments are calculated, settled, and distributed at the time of checkout and payment completion.

Some Screenshot Images

1. Scenario one - simple payment:

2. Scenario two - parallel payments:

3. Seller Collects Payment mode - detailed shopping cart items:

4. Payment Log in the PrestaShop store:

5. Payment Log Details in the PrestaShop store:

Limitations:
This module does not support Chained Payments. If you are looking for chained payment ability, please see our Agile Paypal Adaptive module.

PayPal has a maximum limit of 10 recipients for each transaction.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby edmundchaniii_3058 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Hello,

I guess I have another question. If I start with the Paypal Express module and decide I need the Parallel payment capability, can I add the Parallel payment system after that and are there any problems with doing that?

Thanks for any info.
edmundchaniii_3058

Re: Aigile Paypal Parallel Payment module

Postby shokinro » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:07 am

thanks for your inquiry

I guess I have another question. If I start with the Paypal Express module and decide I need the Parallel payment capability, can I add the Parallel payment system after that and are there any problems with doing that?

you use both module at the same time.
but it is not necessary to use Agile Paypal Express Checkout module if you use Agile Paypal Parallel module.
See the differences of the 2 payment modules.

If customer buy products from 3 sellers in one sopping cart
- use Agile Paypal express checkout module, customer has to pay 3 times for the shopping cart, one time one seller.
- use Agile Paypal Parallel module, customer only need to pay one time, and Paypal will automatically split the money into 3 sellers and store(if store collects commissions)

hope this helps
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby churrus21_3388 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:31 am

Hello

What is the difference between this module and the \"Chained Payments\"?

Thank you
churrus21_3388

Postby shokinro » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 am

This module has all the functions and features of the Agile Paypal Adaptive module, except it does not support Chained payments.

The difference between Chained and Parallel payments are as follows:

Assume your customer purchases products from
Seller A 100
Seller B 200
You charge commission at 10%

The customer will pay 300.

Chained payment:
Buyer pays 300 to the Store, and then the Store pays 90 to seller A and 180 to seller B (automatically).

Parallel
Buyer pays 300, of that 30 goes to the Store, seller A receives 90, and Seller B receives 180 at the same time.

Hope this answers your questions.
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby bkreaume_3412 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:01 pm

Could you explain how this works from a customer prospective in the parallel payment method? For my understanding the Customer would see the invoice for the sellers. but would they also see an invoice for the commission? I think this would be confusing for the customer and may appear as an extra charge.
bkreaume_3412

Postby Terry » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:41 pm

bkreaume_3412 wrote:Could you explain how this works from a customer prospective in the parallel payment method? For my understanding the Customer would see the invoice for the sellers. but would they also see an invoice for the commission? I think this would be confusing for the customer and may appear as an extra charge.

Hi bkreaume,

The customer would not see any commission invoice. Payments between the store and the seller are transparent to the customer...
Like us on FaceBook ~ Follow us on Twitter ~ Tutorial videos on YouTube
Terry

Postby shokinro » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:23 am

Hi bkreaume
Thanks for your inquiry.

As Terry said, customer will only see invoices for each order from each seller. The invoice does not include any commission information.

But please also be noted(Assume 5% commission in the example)
- if you choose both seller and store collects payment, customer will be able to see commission paid to store at payment screen
Store - $10
Seller A - $114
Seller B - $76

- if you choose seller collects payment, then customer will not see the commission paid to store, but you have to collect commissions from sellers separately.
Seller A - $120
Seller B - $80

- if you choose store collects payment, then customer will see all payments goes to store, but you have to pay sellers separately.
Store - $200

Hope this is clear.
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby emmagrimberg_3445 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:56 pm

hi,
please explain what does it mean \"This module will have a maximum of 10 recipients\" exactly
emmagrimberg_3445

Postby shokinro » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:27 am

thanks for your inquiry.

please explain what does it mean \"This module will have a maximum of 10 recipients\" exactly

It means, in one transactions, a buyer can only pay max 10 sellers at a time.
For example, if a customer try to purchase products from more than 10 sellers and use module to pay, it will cause an error.

Hope this clarify your question
shokinro
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support forum - Agile PrestaShop Modules/Addons