[SOLVED] Inactive seller status after membership activation

In this forum you can post anything related to PrestaShop Modules/Addons from Agile Addons-Modules.Com.

If you need support for any module/addon from Agile Addons-Module.Com, please post it here. We will respond as soon as possible. Usually within one business day.

Please indicate the PrestaShop version, product name. product version, and if possible your order # to get a prompt response.

Moderator: jeffayao_1666

[SOLVED] Inactive seller status after membership activation

Postby contact_3370 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:46 am

Hi, We have purchased multiple seller/vendor module, addtionally we also purchased Membership module, multi-store and bank-wire.

As expected I ran into some issues:
1. After creating 2 users to test the functionality I tried to delete them and then recreate them with the same email. The problem is that when i created them a second time without submiting for seller functionality the status appeared that it was active (seller status) but when i clicked the other tabs in My seller account it gave the error that which is given when the seller status is inactive since you have not applied. I need to mention that there is also no link to apply for a seller account inside the my seller account. I believe the problem is that in the database the table for sellers does not delete entries when you delete customers too, therefor when the customer registers with the same email it will be linked with the last configurtion for that seller account. This is I think a big non-problem. :) I say this because in production enviroment you will not need to delete customers and even if you do you delete without allowing them to reregister. However this type of account blocking can open legal issues for the company which hosts the marketplace.

2. The second issue, and this is a problem which needs to be fixed immediately. I created a user (this is before I deleted them as specified in the first issue so there is no conpounding problem) and applied for a seller account. All said and done, it worked. The memberships were created so I went to My account > My memberships and bought a membership. After i did this the seller status switched to inactive. I have tried this with another user and it happened again. Please help with this since it is a very big problem. If it is from my side please tell me what I can do to fix it and prevent it in the future.

Thank you.
Andrei
Last edited by contact_3370 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
contact_3370

Re: Inactive seller status after membership activation

Postby contact_3370 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:57 am

The second issue might be resolved. It seems that you need to set the order to PAYMENT ACCEPTED in the backend for it to work. However shouldn't this be automatic for a free membership? Does anyone know hwo to automate this?
contact_3370

Postby shokinro » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Andrei
Thanks for using agile modules.

1. After creating 2 users to test the functionality I tried to delete them and then recreate them with the same email. The problem is that when i created them a second time without submiting for seller functionality the status appeared that it was active (seller status) but when i clicked the other tabs in My seller account it gave the error that which is given when the seller status is inactive since you have not applied. I need to mention that there is also no link to apply for a seller account inside the my seller account. I believe the problem is that in the database the table for sellers does not delete entries when you delete customers too, therefor when the customer registers with the same email it will be linked with the last configurtion for that seller account. This is I think a big non-problem. :) I say this because in production enviroment you will not need to delete customers and even if you do you delete without allowing them to reregister. However this type of account blocking can open legal issues for the company which hosts the marketplace.

First of all, you should not delete the seller and customer account unless you have to. You only need to disable them.
Secondly, if you need to delete a seller account, you need to delete it from back office Employees tab, the seller employee account account. By doing this, it will automatically delete related seller account information and disable the seller products.

Please be noted, each seller will have following 2 accounts
- a front store account
- back office account

If you want to delete a seller, you have to delete from Employees tab.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby shokinro » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:06 pm

The second issue might be resolved. It seems that you need to set the order to PAYMENT ACCEPTED in the backend for it to work. However shouldn't this be automatic for a free membership? Does anyone know hwo to automate this?

Yes, you are correct, if it is a free order, the payment module should set it automatically "Payment Accepted".
But make sure you have set the membership products as virtual product so that the shipping fee will not be applied.
Please check if you have set it as virtual product, maybe there is a "shipping fee" applied so that it is not a Free Order?
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby contact_3370 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Thank you for your responses, here is the problem.

Created new account > submited aplication for seller which was automatically accepted (Seller Status in My Account is Active) > Went to My Memberships > Bought free membership and payment was accepted automatically > BUT seller status now became INACTIVE.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Can this be related to product quantity? The membership is set as a virtual product.
contact_3370

Postby contact_3370 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm

SOLVED!!!

Logically it was my fault, when I read the details in the Agile Membership module I thought "0 for no limit" applies to membership duration also not just the number of products listed.

Again, thank you for your help. I shall return...undoubtely.
contact_3370

Re: [SOLVED] Inactive seller status after membership activat

Postby shokinro » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Thanks for your feedback, I am glad you have figured out and resolved by yourself.
Sorry for my late response.
shokinro
Site Admin

Return to Support forum - Agile PrestaShop Modules/Addons