Free Membership cancelation

In this forum you can post anything related to PrestaShop Modules/Addons from Agile Addons-Modules.Com.

If you need support for any module/addon from Agile Addons-Module.Com, please post it here. We will respond as soon as possible. Usually within one business day.

Please indicate the PrestaShop version, product name. product version, and if possible your order # to get a prompt response.

Moderator: jeffayao_1666

Free Membership cancelation

Postby contact_3370 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:10 pm

The site I am developing will offer an unlimited free membership which limits the number of products posted.
The problem is that the user has the ability to cancel the free membership and if one will do that just out of curiosity then he can't enroll in a free membership again.
Is there a way to overcome this problem? Because it is a very big problem.
contact_3370

Re: Free Membership cancelation

Postby shokinro » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks for your inquiry.

The site I am developing will offer an unlimited free membership which limits the number of products posted.
The problem is that the user has the ability to cancel the free membership and if one will do that just out of curiosity then he can't enroll in a free membership again.
Is there a way to overcome this problem? Because it is a very big problem.

You can remove the cancellation button at My Membership module by simply change theme file below
/modules/agilemembership/views/templates/front/mymembership.tpl

Also we have updated our Membership modules. Now it is configurable for admin to choose to allow ember to cancel or not.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby contact_3370 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:31 pm

1. I have the latest version ( Membership module 1.4.3 ), I have an option called "Membership cancelation - issue refund voucher". It is set to NO. The cancel button appears in "My account".

2. Also I just ran into a very big problem. I have set a free membership with a limit of 5 products and a duration of 99 Years. I did this because I want the free membership to be unlimited but I want the users to be able to purchase a another membership that costs and which offer a higher limit of 25 products that they are able to post.
When I tested it out the new membership says it will start after the free one ends (after 99 years).
This is very strange I don't see it as very useful.

Here are the problems I am anticipating for my users:
A users creates a sellers account, he has 5 products to sell, he get's the free membership which offers a limit of 5 products for posting forever. After 1 month he has another product, he purchases a membership that allows him to post up to 10 products for a fee/month. After the membership expires he doesn't want to purchase another, he want's to fall back on the free membership with a limit of 5 products.

These are some really big issues. I don't know how to work around them.
contact_3370

Postby shokinro » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:56 am

thanks for using our modules.

For cancellation, we have updated the membership module, now it is configurable for admin to choose to allow member to be able to cancel or not. Or allow member to send an cancellation request email. I think this should resolve your cancellation concerns. if you need an update module, please contact [email protected] with your order # and store URL.

For one time cancellation, it is our original design, we can also make changes to allow multiple free membership for your specific scenario.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Return to Support forum - Agile PrestaShop Modules/Addons