Link to seller shop doesn't work.

In this forum you can post anything related to PrestaShop Modules/Addons from Agile Addons-Modules.Com.

If you need support for any module/addon from Agile Addons-Module.Com, please post it here. We will respond as soon as possible. Usually within one business day.

Please indicate the PrestaShop version, product name. product version, and if possible your order # to get a prompt response.

Moderator: jeffayao_1666

Link to seller shop doesn't work.

Postby contact_3370 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:55 pm

I almost done with my site but I wan into a problem with the links to the sellers shops.
For example when I click on a seller in the sellers list it goes to the link domain.com/seller/home but it displays that the page is not available.

Also when I click on a sub-category that has products in the main menu linked to this seller it also gives me the same error.

I have SEO friendly URL activated and I also checked the htaccess file and looks good. It used to work but I haven't modified anything. If I deactivate SEO Friendly URL then it works.

Any ideas?
contact_3370

Re: Link to seller shop doesn't work.

Postby shokinro » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Thanks for using our agile multiple seller modules.

I almost done with my site but I wan into a problem with the links to the sellers shops.
For example when I click on a seller in the sellers list it goes to the link domain.com/seller/home but it displays that the page is not available.
Also when I click on a sub-category that has products in the main menu linked to this seller it also gives me the same error.

I have SEO friendly URL activated and I also checked the htaccess file and looks good. It used to work but I haven't modified anything. If I deactivate SEO Friendly URL then it works.

- please try to switch SEO friendly off and on to trigger the .htaccess re-generated.
- please also try to clear smarty cache. it is better to set Smarty to "force compile" and "cache" to "no" during testing and development.
- please also try to clear your browser cache

the modules are working correctly at other sites, so as long as it is configured correctly, it should be working.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby contact_3370 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:37 pm

I have done all that and just to make sure I repeated the process.

The problem persists. Do you have anything else I can try?
contact_3370

Postby contact_3370 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:11 pm

I figured out the problem and i need you guys to give me a solution to this.

The problem appears when you have a single language site. For example this site is in Romanian and I deactivated English. Therefor all links no longer append the locale (en, ro in my case).

Any sugestions?
contact_3370

Postby contact_3370 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:20 pm

I would like to add that I tested this on a fresh prestashop install with your modules and the problem exists.
contact_3370

Postby shokinro » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:19 am

Thanks for your feedback.
I figured out the problem and i need you guys to give me a solution to this.

The problem appears when you have a single language site. For example this site is in Romanian and I deactivated English. Therefor all links no longer append the locale (en, ro in my case).

The friendly URL for the same page are different when you using multiple language and single language.
If you add new language or disable a language, the URL will be changed.
In this cases the .htaccess file (rewrite rules) will be re-generated by prestaShop, so the URL will be changed.
This is normal, it is not a problem. PrestaShop original page also has the same behaviour.
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby contact_3370 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:20 am

Yes I know that. It does change which is normal, what I am saying is that the new link does not work.
I have setup a test environment, a clean install of prestashop 1.5.6.0 and your modules: Agile Membership, Multiples Sellers, Multiple Shops. All fresh installs.

I then created a user and signed up for a sellers account. I deactivated a language and only left one activated. The link does not work. This is on a fresh install with default prestashop theme. If this happens on a fresh install it is not from my site. Please check I really need a fix today. I have to finish this project this week and this is a major problem functionality wise.

I would like to add that the same thing happens for the links to the categories that I have created. So it seems that this is a problem in the way the link is built when there is only one language. Just a guess.

Hoping for your response.
contact_3370

Postby shokinro » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:05 pm

thanks for using agile multiple seller module.

I would like to add that the same thing happens for the links to the categories that I have created. So it seems that this is a problem in the way the link is built when there is only one language. Just a guess.

have you tried to clear smarty cache?
have you try to set Smarty to "force compile" and " no cache" temporary to see if it fixes the issue?
if all those does not work, please send your test site access info below(clean install of prestashop and my modules) to [email protected], we will have some one look into that.
- your order #
- store admin
- store ftp access
shokinro
Site Admin

Return to Support forum - Agile PrestaShop Modules/Addons