Limit to one category when sellers create a product

In this forum you can post anything related to PrestaShop Modules/Addons from Agile Addons-Modules.Com.

If you need support for any module/addon from Agile Addons-Module.Com, please post it here. We will respond as soon as possible. Usually within one business day.

Please indicate the PrestaShop version, product name. product version, and if possible your order # to get a prompt response.

Moderator: jeffayao_1666

Limit to one category when sellers create a product

Postby creation_2998 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 am

Is there’s a way to limit sellers (in multisellers shop) to only one category when they create a new product? Since we don’t want sellers to add their products in many unrelated categories, we want to limit to one category for a product. (exemple when a seller is creating a product like a Piano we want to restrict him to only one category so that he will only choose the Music instruments category).
I have sought a solution in those file:

js/admin-categories-tree.js
admin****/themes/default/template/controllers/products/associations.tpl

but there’s no way I can figure out a way to solve my problem.

Thanks for your help!
creation_2998

Re: Limit to one category when sellers create a product

Postby shokinro » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:51 pm

thanks for your using agile multiple seller/vendor module - a best PrestaShop based on-line market pace solution.

As admin, you can set a Seller Home Category at back office Seller Business Info tab.
once you set this Seller Home Category, seller will be only able to see categories under that category.
If you are using are a lower version of the agile multiple seller module, you may need to upgrade to latest version.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby creation_2998 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Thank you for your quick reply! But unfortunetly it does'nt solve my problem.

I know that we can assign a default category for a seller. But if a seller has many products that goes in different categories it won't work. So is it possible to limit to one category for a product? Limiting the number of category by product will allow the seller to insert different products in different categories without allowing him to put a single product in many categories.

Anyone know's a way to solve this problem ?

Thank you very much !
creation_2998

Postby shokinro » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:55 pm

thanks for your inquiry.

the only way to do implement this is to remove the tree structure, only keep the category dropdown list at Information tab of product page.
(I assume your sellers are using front end management pabel)

Or we you will have to do a customization to replace the tree view structure with category drop down at each level.
if you are interested in this customization, please contact [email protected] for more details.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Return to Support forum - Agile PrestaShop Modules/Addons