Theme independent plugin

You are welcome to post here any new feature suggestions and/or requests for any of our Agile Modules. We will consider requests for possible inclusion in future module releases, or for the creation of new modules.

Before you post, however, please first search the forum to see if there is already a similar request or suggestion.

Moderator: jeffayao_1666

Theme independent plugin

Postby adrian.torj_3468 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi

Ideally the plugin is theme independent, and compatible with other themes. We all want to avoid the default theme since is ugly, and we buy a new one, much more beautiful. From personal experience, I've bought a new theme, but the functionality of agile modules are half broken and useless to me. I must give up on the new bought theme, or find a workaround.

Thanks
adrian.torj_3468

Re: Theme independent plugin

Postby shokinro » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:53 pm

thanks for using our modules.

Ideally the plugin is theme independent, and compatible with other themes. We all want to avoid the default theme since is ugly, and we buy a new one, much more beautiful. From personal experience, I've bought a new theme, but the functionality of agile modules are half broken and useless to me. I must give up on the new bought theme, or find a workaround.

for a small plug-in, it might possible, for example, a block or just a hook.
but for a complicated modules like multiple seller modules and related accessory module, it has its pages.
and because of variety of themes, different themes will extend new features, and different designer will have different way.
It will also depends the theme itself. so it is very difficult to make module to compatible all themes.
we are trying our best to make theme independent, but some themes still need to do some adjustments.
are are adjusting our modules to be compatible with responsive theme in PrestaShop 1.6x, I hope that will be better.

I am not sure which theme you are using, please contact [email protected], we will see if we can help or not.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby adrian.torj_3468 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks, my backup plan is to wait for presta 1.6 and launch my project then. This way your module will be updated to be at least compatible with the default template of 1.6, which looks pretty nice. By the way, how is the work on 1.6 progressing?
adrian.torj_3468

Postby shokinro » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:05 am

it may take some time, but we are in progressing.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Return to New Feature Suggestions forum - Agile PrestaShop Addons/Modules