Simplified product listings

This forum is for the general discussion of E-Commerce, not specific to any module or script. For example: What is e-commerce? How so I set up an online store? What kind of website should I set up? Etc...

Moderator: jeffayao_1666

Simplified product listings

Postby laustinspace13_3537 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi,

I'm new to PS and Agile. New to creating an online business, really. I have little coding experience/knowledge but can usually figure things out.

I buy items at estate sales and sell them through Craigslist right now but would like to set up a store to "house" everything. I don't plan to sell directly through the site (yet) but want to be able to have a catalog of items people can browse through and contact me to buy. PS looks like it's pretty easy to get to know and work on. However, since all my items are basically one-offs, the product listing page seems pretty cumbersome.

Does anyone know of a module that would simplify the listings, almost like a Craigslist posting? Or is this likely something I'm going to have to have someone build out for me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jarett
laustinspace13_3537

Re: Simplified product listings

Postby Terry » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:07 am

Hi laustinspace,

There isn't really a way to simplify the PS product registration to that degree, since it was built primarily as a standard product catalog type store front. It's not really to bad entering one-off products, though, once you learn where you need to put the basic required information. Name, description, image(s), pricing, quantity (1 in your case), etc.

Mostly just a question of getting used to the system to pick up product entry speed. Still not quite as quick as some of the listing sites like Craigslist, but not too bad...
Like us on FaceBook ~ Follow us on Twitter ~ Tutorial videos on YouTube
Terry

Postby shokinro » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi Jarret
Thanks for your inquiry.
The fist page(tab) of product registration "Information" has alost most information for general product.
If that is enough, then you can just use first tab.
That will be very simple.

Also maybe we can discuss a customization if it is not too big changes.

Note:
Our street is till out of power due to ice rain storm yesterday.
So our response will be slow.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby laustinspace13_3537 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:45 am

Thanks for the replies. You're right, it's not super complicated, but it's not just a couple quick steps either. For myself I don't really have a problem with it. However, I would like to use the multi-vendor module at some point and charge people a monthly fee to post and don't think most people with the one-off products are going to be interested unless it's a simple and minimal listing process.
laustinspace13_3537

Postby shokinro » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:57 am

sorry for late response, it seems we missed this message [we have a a few days of power outage due to ice storm, not able to catch up with messages]

for your scenario, maybe you can just reduce the steps, use only one step "Information", and hide some fields that you are not using.
that should not take a lot of effort. But it may or may not meet your needs.
Follow us at Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch our Tutorial Videos on YouTube
shokinro
Site Admin

Postby abhikhurana1491_15976 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Choose gifts fir your parents from hundred if gifts options. Buy best gift items for your parents, grandpa, grandma, beer lovers and for your friends.
unique christmas gifts
abhikhurana1491_15976

Return to Generic E-Commerce Discussions/Questions